Bogart is a city in Clarke and Oconee counties in Georgia. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 1,034.
The city was originally named for the influential Creek-Seminole leader Osceola. In 1892, the city was renamed Bogart in honor of a locally respected railroad agent after learning that another city in Terrell County was also called Osceola. Bogart was once part of Franklin County, then Jackson County, and now sits in Oconee County with a small portion located in Clarke County. Many of the settlers who came to Bogart, came in during the Land Lottery of 1820. When the train from Athens to Atlanta was built in the 1890s, life flourished in Bogart. The city of Bogart was incorporated in 1905. The thriving city had a bank, a mercantile store, a boarding house, a drug store, a railroad depot, three cotton gins, a post office, blacksmith shops, a school, several churches, and gristmills.